This is really exciting
Written by engage on November 21, 2018
We are in the final moments of the Hope for the Future appeal, and something is stirring
This afternoon, at 12:20 Luke and Susie were sitting in the studio having a conversation about how it feels like the final afternoon of the appeal has gone a little flat. Hah!
Here is the series of events that triggered within a minute of that statement:
- A challenge was launched from Lee as a supporter with a seemingly random matching challenge of $127 gifts
- Luke was public with his lack of understanding of why $127 gifts
- Sharni was talking to God about how much to give. She felt she should give a part of her carers pension that was $127. This happened before the challenge launched
- Sharni then turned onto the radio to hear the launch of the $127 challenge
I started to discuss with our team about my feeling that God was talking to us about Psalm 127 –
Unless the LORD builds the house,
the builders labor in vain.
Unless the LORD watches over the city,
the guards stand watch in vain.
2 In vain you rise early
and stay up late,
toiling for food to eat—
for he grants sleep to[a] those he loves.
At that moment the tally clicked onto $127, 777.
- Moments later Barbara called through and said that God had spoken to her to give $10,000 but she couldn’t do that.
- Instead God challenged her that she was to give $5000 and have it matched by listeners to be $10,000
- The 1079Life listeners matched her, and then a single person also matched her to mean her gift inspired an extra $10,000
God has been doing something we have never seen before so all we are asking of you is to ask God what he will have you do in the final moments of this appeal today, then respond as you are led.