The Roadies are back for some exciting events in 2021!
Jodie the Roadie, Pete on the Street,
Switched On Sharon & Disk Brake Dom.
On Monday 19th April– The Roadies are having a Rostered Day Off!
The Roadies are partnering with the Crisp Packet Project Adelaide SA to make survival sheets for the homeless this Winter and need your help.
Keep your empty Chip packets! Any packet that has a silver lining reflects body heat. Once opened up, washed and ironed together they make a warm waterproof blanket that’s easily folded to carry.
All Buddy Blankets made will be donated to the Salvation Army.
Drop off your empty chip packets to The Roadies each Monday,
or at 1079 Life- 3 Lumiere Lane. Hendon
or post them to 1079 Life: PO Box 1079 West Lakes SA 5021
In the meantime keep collecting your bread tags! (more info below)
WE DID IT!
Wheelchair Number 17 & 18!
Together we have changed a life for someone in need through our partnership with Aussie Bread Tags for Wheelchairs.
*Keep collecting your bread tags!
To help reduce waste and be environmentally friendly bring your bread tags along in paper bags, cardboard boxes or other materials that can be recycled to the station or to any of the various locations listed below.
“Play TAG -with The Roadies”
- Don’t throw away your old bread bag tags!
Give them to The Roadies and we will recycle them and help others in need!
- Bring your bread tags along to The Roadies each Monday or drop them off to a collection point and we will recycle them. Thanks to a generous recycler in Robe- Transmutation– our bread tags are now recycled into products such as floor tiles, bowls and door knobs.
- We receive cash for our bread tags and the proceeds are sent to
Bread tags for Wheelchairs in South Africa. A group who help disabled adults and children obtain much needed wheelchairs.
- We are also partnering with Aussie Bread Tags for Wheelchairs! https://ozbreadtagsforwheelchairs.org.au/ Together our aim is to create more collection points all over Australia! To host or find out about other collection points contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Find them on facebook!
We are so thrilled to announce that SA are the first state in Australia where we are able to recycle our bread tags!
- It takes around 200 kg of bread tags to purchase one wheelchair.
- Bring your bread tags along to the Roadies each Monday or to
- 1079 Life – 3 Lumiere Lane. Hendon
- Auto One Clovercrest – 92 Kelly Road. Modbury
- Assured Home Care- 20 Rosslyn St. Mile End South
- Gameroom Essentials, 156 Commercial Road Salisbury
( 3-10pm Saturday & 10am-5pm Sunday. Closed Public Holidays)
- More locations listed at Aussie Bread Tags for Wheelchairs
- Make a difference to the environment and to someone’s life!
Tag- you’re it!
Drakes Community Dollars
Have you got your Drakes Key Tag? Pick one up from The Roadies or 1079 Life studios and each time you shop at a Drakes Supermarket make sure to show your Drakes Key Tag. For every $2 you spend 1 cent comes back to our station. What an easy way to support the work of 1079 Life!
Heart for Adelaide Award
Do you know of a group of volunteers or an organisation that generously gives its time to help others in the community? We’d love to present them with 1079 Life’s Heart for Adelaide award. Nominate them here.
The Roadies Monthly Competition Winners
Each week when you meet up with The Roadies you can enter their monthly competition to go in the draw to win movie passes, CDs, DVDs and other great prizes!
SACBA Bilby Award Winners for Community Engagement 2014 & 2018.
Runners up for Community Engagement 2019.