The Roadies are back for some exciting events in 2020!
Jodie the Roadie, Pete on the Street & Switched On Sharon.
On Monday 10th August The Roadies will be at Westfield Marion
Catch them from 11am for some great giveaways such as:
- Bowland Marion game vouchers
- Spendless Shoes –Buy one pair get the second free vouchers
- Hoyts -Enter to win a family pass
- Drink Bottles
- 1079 Life Scarves
Upcoming Roadies events:
Monday 17th August- Salvos Op Shop – Kings Park
Monday 24th August – Heart for Adelaide Award
Monday 31st August- Rosewater Tyres Father’s Day give away
45 Grand Junction Rd, Rosewater
In the meantime keep collecting your bread tags! (more info below)
WE DID IT!
We have just received the photo of our 7th wheelchair recipient!
Steven is a stroke victim living in Philippi in the Western Cape, South Africa. His wheelchair was organised through the the Philippi Economic Development Initiative, who promote economic and social renewal in the area. His wheelchair was funded by recycling bread tags from around Australia thanks to our partnership with Aussie Bread Tags for Wheelchairs.
*Keep collecting your bread tags as we aim to purchase our 7th wheelchair for disabled adults and children in need in South Africa!
To help reduce waste and be environmentally friendly bring your bread tags along in paper bags, cardboard boxes or other materials that can be recycled to the station or the various locations listed below. __________________________________________________________________
“Play TAG -with The Roadies”
- Don’t throw away your old bread bag tags!
Give them to The Roadies and we will recycle them and help others in need!
- Bring your bread tags along to The Roadies each Monday or drop them off to a collection point and we will recycle them. Thanks to a generous recycler in Robe- Transmutation– our bread tags are now recycled into products such as floor tiles, bowls and door knobs.
- We receive cash for our bread tags and the proceeds are sent to
Bread tags for Wheelchairs in South Africa. A group who help disabled adults and children obtain much needed wheelchairs.
- We are also partnering with Aussie Bread Tags for Wheelchairs! Together our aim is to create more collection points all over Australia! To host or find out about other collection points contact email@example.com. Find them on facebook!
We are so thrilled to announce that SA are the first state in Australia where we are able to recycle our bread tags!
- It takes around 200 kg of bread tags to purchase one wheelchair.
- Bring your bread tags along to the Roadies each Monday or to
- 1079 Life – 3 Lumiere Lane. Hendon
- Auto One Clovercrest – 92 Kelly Road. Modbury
- Assured Home Care- 20 Rosslyn St. Mile End South
- Gameroom Essentials, 156 Commercial Road Salisbury
( 3-10pm Saturday & 10am-5pm Sunday. Closed Public Holidays)
- More locations listed at Aussie Bread Tags for Wheelchairs
- Make a difference to the environment and to someone’s life!
Tag- you’re it!
Drakes Community Dollars
Have you got your Drakes Key Tag? Pick one up from The Roadies or 1079 Life studios and each time you shop at a Drakes Supermarket make sure to show your Drakes Key Tag. For every $2 you spend 1 cent comes back to our station. What an easy way to support the work of 1079 Life!
Heart for Adelaide Award
Do you know of a group of volunteers or an organisation that generously gives its time to help others in the community? We’d love to present them with 1079 Life’s Heart for Adelaide award. Nominate them here.
The Roadies Monthly Competition Winners
Each week when you meet up with The Roadies you can enter their monthly competition to go in the draw to win Wallis movie passes, CDs, DVDs and other great prizes!
SACBA Bilby Award Winners for Community Engagement 2014 & 2018.
Runners up for Community Engagement 2019.