The Roadies are now on holidays but will be back in 2019 for some exciting events!
“Play TAG -with The Roadies” – UPDATE!
- As of 28th July 2018, We will be partnering with “Container Of Hope” who have graciously agreed to ship all of our collected bread tags to South Africa on our behalf! Please include a gold coin donation with your bag of bread tags so we can support this mission.
- We are also partnering with Aussie Breadtags for Wheelchairs! Together our aim is to create more collection points and to eventually set up breadtag recycling here in Australia! To host or find out about collection points contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find them on facebook!
- Our first bundle was posted on May 31st. but the collection shall continue due to overwhelming response and with your help! We are asking that with each bag of bread tags that Gold Coin Donation be included to help with postage so keep collecting!
- We are pleased to announce that a 2nd bag has been posted on 7th September 2017 and a 3rd bag on 24th November 2017. A 4th bag was posted on 9th February 2018.
- Don’t throw away your old bread bag tags! Why not recycle them and help others in need! Bread bag tags are made from high density polystyrene. Industry leaders pay for these bread tags in order to recycle them into seedling trays, cornices, skirtings, outdoor furniture, coat hangers, poles and decking.
- Bring your bread tags along to The Roadies each Monday or drop them off to 1079 Life with a Gold Coin donation to help us with postage –
and we’ll send them to South Africa to a group called “Bread tags for Wheelchairs”, who help disabled adults and children obtain much needed wheelchairs.
Make a difference to the environment and to someone’s life!Tag- you’re it! 🙂
- And don’t forget, you can enter the monthly competition to go in the draw to win Wallis movie passes, CDs, DVDs and other great prizes! Listen to Adelaide’s Good Taste Breakfast with Scotty & Bec to find out more.
Drakes Community Dollars
Have you got your Drakes Key Tag? Pick one up from The Roadies or 1079 Life studios and each time you shop at a Drakes Supermarket make sure to show your Drakes Key Tag. For every $2 you spend 1 cent comes back to our station. What an easy way to support the work of 1079 Life!
Heart for Adelaide Award
Do you know of a group of volunteers or an organisation that generously gives its time to help others in the community? We’d love to present them with 1079 Life’s Heart for Adelaide award. Nominate them here.
SACBA Bilby Award Winners for Community Engagement 2014 & 2018
No need to be a Grinch this Christmas! Thanks to Universal Pictures, we’re giving you the chance to win a Grinch prize pack including a family pass to the new movie The Grinch in cinemas November 29. All you need to do is send us a photo of you with your best ‘Resting […]
Communicating better by asking for honest input will reveal areas that you may need to work on to build trust in your relationship.
Do you ever feel like the responsibilities are too big, the challenges are too big, and what others expect of you is too big?
Aussie boys Joel and Luke are here for their Australian debut in For King & Country: burn the ships / World Tour. Don’t miss out on this memory-making, breath taking event! February 6th at the Influencers building in Paradise from 7pm, VIP meet & greet tickets are also available. Thanks to 1079 Life, you have the chance to […]
This summer breakfast is more than just a fresh tasting smoothie, it’s nutritionally balanced to get you through to lunch without snacking!
It’s shaping up to be a fantastic year of entertainment, teaching, inspiration and transformation with a wealth of new content headed to screens.
It may be counter-intuitive for a frazzled mum or dad who’s longing for some quiet—but giving the kids the freedom to be noisy is great parenting.
The increase of worldwide Christian persecution is actually good news according to Open Doors, the organisation that has been helping believers since 1955.
Here’s a sound basis on which to determine the right level of cover in order to protect your family in the event of you passing away.
Parents of children with autism will nod, smile, laugh, shed a tear – and gain great insight and encouragement – from a new short doco film called DAD.
Steadfast Property Managers is Adelaide’s largest Property Management Specialist. The origins of Steadfast started over 30 years ago, when Bob Smith, a former President of the Real Estate Institute of SA, decided to start a service for landlords dedicated to Property management, rather than sales of properties. Since then, hundreds of landlords have found that […]