The Roadies are back for some exciting events in 2020!
Jodie the Roadie, Pete on the Street,
Switched On Sharon & Disk Brake Dom.
On Monday 2nd November The Roadies will be at
(Corner Saints Road and, Main N Rd, Salisbury Plain)
Catch them from 11am for some great giveaways such as:
Saints Dental -Sample Bags
Carews Florist – Enter to win a beautiful bunch of flowers!
Mountain Fresh Juice
1079 Life Board Games
“December to Remember”
This year the 1079 Life Roadies are looking for your help to bless our community with a December to Remember.
We’re partnering with Baptist Care SA to provide small gifts for those who attend their Christmas Day lunch – a special event for those who have nowhere else to go. But that’s where YOU come in…
We’re looking for you to purchase a small gift to contribute.
Like: Basic toiletries such as toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, shampoo, moisturiser, sun screen, tissues, women’s hygiene items, comb, face washer. Thongs, hat or cap.
Adults: note paper, pen, jewellery, book, perfume, aftershave.
Children: small soft toy, ball, puzzle, card game, lego, activity book, coloured pencils.
Bring it along when you catch the Roadies each Monday, or drop it off at the 1079 Life studios, or at one of the Star Discount Chemists around Adelaide!
Upcoming Roadies events:
Monday 9th November – Wallis Noarlunga
Monday 16th November – The Grove
In the meantime keep collecting your bread tags! (more info below)
WE DID IT!
Wheelchair Number 9
Thanks to your bread tags Michael from Kraaifontein in Cape Town has received his long awaited wheelchair.
Thank you to everyone who contributed! Together we have changed a life for someone in need through our partnership with Aussie Bread Tags for Wheelchairs.
*Keep collecting your bread tags as we aim to purchase our 10th wheelchair for disabled adults and children in need in South Africa!
To help reduce waste and be environmentally friendly bring your bread tags along in paper bags, cardboard boxes or other materials that can be recycled to the station or the various locations listed below. __________________________________________________________________
“Play TAG -with The Roadies”
- Don’t throw away your old bread bag tags!
Give them to The Roadies and we will recycle them and help others in need!
- Bring your bread tags along to The Roadies each Monday or drop them off to a collection point and we will recycle them. Thanks to a generous recycler in Robe- Transmutation– our bread tags are now recycled into products such as floor tiles, bowls and door knobs.
- We receive cash for our bread tags and the proceeds are sent to
Bread tags for Wheelchairs in South Africa. A group who help disabled adults and children obtain much needed wheelchairs.
- We are also partnering with Aussie Bread Tags for Wheelchairs! Together our aim is to create more collection points all over Australia! To host or find out about other collection points contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Find them on facebook!
We are so thrilled to announce that SA are the first state in Australia where we are able to recycle our bread tags!
- It takes around 200 kg of bread tags to purchase one wheelchair.
- Bring your bread tags along to the Roadies each Monday or to
- 1079 Life – 3 Lumiere Lane. Hendon
- Auto One Clovercrest – 92 Kelly Road. Modbury
- Assured Home Care- 20 Rosslyn St. Mile End South
- Gameroom Essentials, 156 Commercial Road Salisbury
( 3-10pm Saturday & 10am-5pm Sunday. Closed Public Holidays)
- More locations listed at Aussie Bread Tags for Wheelchairs
- Make a difference to the environment and to someone’s life!
Tag- you’re it!
Drakes Community Dollars
Have you got your Drakes Key Tag? Pick one up from The Roadies or 1079 Life studios and each time you shop at a Drakes Supermarket make sure to show your Drakes Key Tag. For every $2 you spend 1 cent comes back to our station. What an easy way to support the work of 1079 Life!
Heart for Adelaide Award
Do you know of a group of volunteers or an organisation that generously gives its time to help others in the community? We’d love to present them with 1079 Life’s Heart for Adelaide award. Nominate them here.
The Roadies Monthly Competition Winners
Each week when you meet up with The Roadies you can enter their monthly competition to go in the draw to win Wallis movie passes, CDs, DVDs and other great prizes!
SACBA Bilby Award Winners for Community Engagement 2014 & 2018.
Runners up for Community Engagement 2019.