Terms & Conditions: Picture This
Entry into promotions is taken as consent to these terms and conditions by you (the entrant).
- How to enter: Submit a photo by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Entries must be labelled with the entrant’s name and image files must be 72 dpi and between 1MB and 3MB and labelled with entrant’s name. Entrants should include their own name, address, email and telephone number. We regret that we are unable to accept postal entries. Entrants may enter multiple times but will only win one prize.
- Originality: All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other photographic competition. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entrants must warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it.
- Copyright: Copyright in all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. However each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to 1079 Life to feature any or all of the submitted images in any of their publications, their websites and/or in any promotional material for the station.
- Eligibility: Only individuals residing in Australia aged 18 and older can enter. Our officers, employees, contractors, agents and suppliers and the immediate family members of any of them or of anyone associated with the Promotion are ineligible to enter. Automatically or mechanically produced entries, and entries we reasonably consider to be inappropriate for any reason (eg because they are disparaging or unlawful) are ineligible.
- Dates: Promotion starts at 6 AM on Tuesday 6th October 2020 and closes at 11:59 PM on Sunday18th October 2020. Selection of winners will occur at 1079 Life (3 Lumiere Lane, Hendon, SA). The winner will be selected at 6 AM on Monday 26th October 2020. Times are Central Standard Time.
- Prize details: 1 winner will receive a family photo shoot for up to 6 people with Hope Images on location for 1 hour plus 10 digital prints from the shoot chosen by the winner. Plus 2 adult & 2 children’s haircuts from Andrea Adele Hair Studio to be taken within a reasonable time together as negotiated with Andrea Adele. Plus dry cleaning of 4 outfits from Eve Dry Cleaners. It is up to the winner to organise the use of each prize with the supplier. 1079 Life does not accept responsibility for arranging times for the prizes to be claimed. Each finalist will receive a family pass to Wallis cinemas.
- Prize value: The total prize value does not exceed AU$1200. This is calculated as the sum of the values of all possible prizes that can be won in the Promotion. The values are the usual or recommended retail or market values of the prizes.
- Selection of winners: Hope Images will select 10 finalists based on creativity of photo. 1 winner will be selected from the finalists via a random generator.
- Unclaimed prizes and re-selection: We will aim to distribute all prizes in the Promotion and will take every reasonable effort to identify and contact an entrant selected as a winner. Prize must be claimed and booked with each of the prize givers within 3 months. Date of use/booking is up to negotiation with the prize giver. If the person selected as the winner of the prize does not claim the prize within the time provided in these terms & conditions or if we have made reasonable but unsuccessful efforts to identify or contact the person, we may substitute another person as the winner using a subsequent selection. The date of any re-selection will be as soon as reasonably practicable after the need for a re-selection process occurs. The time of day and place of the re-selection will be the same as for the original selection.
- Notification of winners: We are not required to confirm that entrants’ contact details remain up-to-date – that is entrants’ responsibility. We will aim to notify all winners via email within 7 business days of selection and we will otherwise aim to make all results available within 7 days after selection. We will make results known by posting details on any one or more of the media we use to publicise the Promotion. If you are a winner and you claim your prize and comply with the other requirements of these terms and conditions, we will do everything reasonably necessary to ensure you receive your prize within 28 days after your selection as a winner by the following means, namely by post. This is unless the circumstances of the Promotion or the nature of the prize require a longer period. When we make the results of the Promotion known, we will do so in a way which is consistent with the type of Promotion. We will not charge winners any fee upon receipt of their prize.
- Separate legal terms: There may be terms applicable to prizes in addition to those set out in these terms and conditions. Eg tickets to providers’ services (including entertainment events and travel-related services) are subject to providers’ terms of supply of those services. Also, before allocating a prize to you, we may ask you to agree to some terms in addition to these terms and conditions. These would be (a) a statutory declaration confirming your eligibility to be a winner; (b) providing us with any additional information we ask as being appropriate to allocate and manage the award of the prize and claiming your prize and (c) where the prize involves participation by others nominated by you, their consents to the collections, uses and disclosures of information about them which are similar to those you give us under these terms and conditions. These additional terms may be with someone other than us. A copy of all these additional terms will be sent to you on request during the Promotion period and, if you are selected as a winner, before you decide whether to claim the prize. If we ask you to sign and return any such additional terms and we do not receive signed copies from you within one week (or such longer period as the law requires) after our request, we may take it that you have decided not to claim your prize, declare you as ineligible as a winner and select an alternate winner. Entry into the Promotion may require you to, or allow you to, use any electronic (online) service which is not provided by us. Where you subscribe to such a service (eg are a member) and have entered the Promotion using it, you agree to abide by the terms of such service in addition to these terms and conditions, including where required by that service provider, that you completely release that service provider and acknowledge that the Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with that service provider.
- Publicity: By entering, you agree that whether or not you are selected as a winner, we, our group companies and those with whom we or they have commercial alliances (eg prize providers and trademark licensors), and without payment of any fee or obtaining any further consents (a) may use and disclose information about or depicting you (eg your image and/or voice) to promote goods and services using such media (including electronic media such as email, SMS and social media platforms) and in such ways as is reasonable in the circumstances; and (b) will be given such cooperation as is reasonably requested of you as regards participation in media requests, eg being interviewed and photographed.
- Privacy and your information: We may collect, use and disclose information about you for direct marketing and data analytics purposes. Such purposes may concern our goods and services, those of our group companies or those with whom there are commercial alliances (eg prize providers and trademark licensors). The means of any direct marketing may include electronic media (email, SMS and social media platforms). We may also collect, use and disclose information about you for the purpose of giving effect to this Promotion and any award of a prize to you.
- Law and our liability for the Promotion: These terms and conditions are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws in force in the state of South Australia. Subject to your rights under Consumer Laws referred to below, you agree that in relation to the Promotion (a) we will not be liable for any circumstances in connection with the Promotion which are beyond our reasonable control; (b) if we are or become liable to you for any reason, our liability will be limited to any out-of-pocket expenses incurred by you up to a maximum of the total prize value referred to above, (c) we will not be liable for any other damages (whether those other damages are referred to as direct, indirect, consequential, special or otherwise) nor shall we be liable for any act or omission, negligent or otherwise, except to the extent allowed for in paragraph (b); (d) if any circumstances in connection with the Promotion occur which require some action by us, we may take such action as a reasonable promoter in our circumstances would take by way of response. In some circumstances, this may involve cancelling the Promotion and any award of prizes under it; and (e) we are bound only by the terms set out or referred to in these terms and conditions in respect of the Promotion and only those terms govern this Promotion and set out our agreement.
- Your rights under Consumer Law and who you give your commitments to: Regardless of anything else in these terms and conditions, nothing in these terms and conditions excludes, restricts or modifies the application of Consumer Laws or the exercise of any rights or remedies you may have under Consumer Laws.
- Complaints: If you are dissatisfied with the conduct of the promotion and remain so after any contact with us you choose you can make a written complaint to the government agency which regulates trade promotions in your location. We will provide you with agency details on request.
- Our details: We are the promoter. Our details are 1079 Life 3 Lumiere Lane, Hendon, ABN: 82 994 708 317.