The Roadies are back for some exciting events in 2018!
On Monday 5th November – The Roadies will be at The Hub, Aberfoyle Hub outside the Coles entrance
Catch them from 11am for some great giveaways:
- Bakers Delight- Fruit Mince and Lemon Tarts
- Hub Amcal – Discount vouchers
- Mountain Fresh Juice
- Colouring Sets – thanks to Assured Home Care
The 15 Can Challenge is back for 2018!
Once again we are challenging YOU to donate 15 non perishable food items to help people in need this Christmas.
This year these food hampers will be given to Puddle Jumpers Incorporated. Heart for Adelaide recipients, a charity that run with 100% volunteers providing services to hundreds of vulnerable children and disadvantaged families in Adelaide.
Each time you go shopping just pick up an extra can or non perishable item for someone in need. Toiletries and small Christmas gifts are also welcome.
A big thanks to Kytons who are kindly donating a 700 gram Tradition Christmas Pudding into each hamper!
Start collecting now and you can drop them off to our Roadies locations each Monday or at one of our Collection Points:
1079 Life studios – 3 Lumiere Lane Hendon
Auto One– 92 Kelly Road Modbury
Parkside Electrical Services – 261 Fullarton Road. Parkside
Assured Home Care – 20 Rosslyn Street. Mile End South
Upcoming Roadies locations:
Monday 5th November– Aberfoyle Hub
Monday 12th November – Westfield Tea Tree Plaza
Monday 19th November – Westfield Marion
Monday 26th November– Elizabeth City Centre
“Play TAG -with The Roadies” – UPDATE!
- As of 28th July 2018, We will be partnering with “Container Of Hope” who have graciously agreed to ship all of our collected bread tags to South Africa on our behalf! Please include a gold coin donation with your bag of bread tags so we can support this mission.
- We are also partnering with Aussie Breadtags for Wheelchairs! Together our aim is to create more collection points and to eventually set up breadtag recycling here in Australia! To host or find out about collection points contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find them on facebook!
- Our first bundle was posted on May 31st. but the collection shall continue due to overwhelming response and with your help! We are asking that with each bag of bread tags that Gold Coin Donation be included to help with postage so keep collecting!
- We are pleased to announce that a 2nd bag has been posted on 7th September and a 3rd bag on 24th November. A 4th bag was posted on 9th February.
Unfortunately a Customs Tax has been placed on our last package. Until we are able to find out why this has happened we are holding off posting any more.
- Don’t throw away your old bread bag tags! Why not recycle them and help others in need!
Bread bag tags are made from high density polystyrene. Industry leaders pay for these bread tags in order to recycle them into seedling trays, cornices, skirtings, outdoor furniture, coat hangers, poles and decking.
- Bring your bread tags along to The Roadies each Monday or drop them off to 1079 Life with a Gold Coin donation to help us with postage –
and we’ll send them to South Africa to a group called “Bread tags for Wheelchairs”, who help disabled adults and children obtain much needed wheelchairs.
Make a difference to the environment and to someone’s life!
Tag- you’re it! 🙂
- And don’t forget, you can enter the monthly competition to go in the draw to win Wallis movie passes, CDs, DVDs and other great prizes! Listen to Adelaide’s Good Taste Breakfast with Scotty & Bec to find out more.
Drakes Community Dollars
Have you got your Drakes Key Tag? Pick one up from The Roadies or 1079 Life studios and each time you shop at a Drakes Supermarket make sure to show your Drakes Key Tag. For every $2 you spend 1 cent comes back to our station. What an easy way to support the work of 1079 Life!
Heart for Adelaide Award
Do you know of a group of volunteers or an organisation that generously gives its time to help others in the community? We’d love to present them with 1079 Life’s Heart for Adelaide award. Nominate them here.
SACBA Bilby Award Winners for Community Engagement 2014 & 2018