The Roadies are back for some exciting events in 2018!
On Friday 23rd February have the privilege of presenting the Heart for Adelaide Award to St Luke’s Anglican Church and volunteers. On Christmas Day they opened up their doors and hearts providing lunch for 250 people.
Thanking them for their work and spreading the joy of Christmas in such a practical way.
“Play TAG -with The Roadies”
- Our first bundle was posted on May 31st. but the collection shall continue due to overwhelming response and with your help! We are asking that with each bag of bread tags that Gold Coin Donation be included to help with postage so keep collecting!
- We are pleased to announce that a 2nd bag has been posted on 7th September and a 3rd bag on 24th November. A 4th bag was posted on 9th February.
- Don’t throw away your old bread bag tags! Why not recycle them and help others in need!
Bread bag tags are made from high density polystyrene. Industry leaders pay for these bread tags in order to recycle them into seedling trays, cornices, skirtings, outdoor furniture, coat hangers, poles and decking.
- Bring your bread tags along to The Roadies each Monday or drop them off to 1079 Life with a Gold Coin donation to help us with postage –
and we’ll send them to South Africa to a group called “Bread tags for Wheelchairs”, who help disabled adults and children obtain much needed wheelchairs.
Make a difference to the environment and to someone’s life!
Tag- you’re it! 🙂
- And don’t forget, you can enter the monthly competition to go in the draw to win Wallis movie passes, CDs, DVDs and other great prizes! Listen to Adelaide’s Good Taste Breakfast with Scotty & Bec to find out more.
Drakes Community Dollars
Have you got your Drakes Key Tag? Pick one up from The Roadies or 1079 Life studios and each time you shop at a Drakes Supermarket make sure to show your Drakes Key Tag. For every $2 you spend 1 cent comes back to our station. What an easy way to support the work of 1079 Life!
Heart for Adelaide Award
SACBA Bilby Award Winners for Community Engagement 2014