Catch up with The Roadies in 2017 for some exciting events!
Carols Alive 2017!
Sunday 10th December from 5pm. Join The Roadies as they join in all Christmas cheer at CityReach Baptist Church’s Carols event. This is a family event (see Life Diary for details). Come and say Hi to Jodie the Roadie & Pete on the Street& the Roadies team. Get a photo in the mock studio and grab some great giveaways! Your chance to win tickets to see the new movie Ferdinand!
Ferdinand tells the story of a giant bull with a big heart. After being mistaken for a dangerous beast, he is captured and torn from his home. Determined to return to his family he rallies a misfit team on the ultimate adventure. Set in Spain, Ferdinand proves you can’t judge a bull by its cover.
The Roadies also have Ferdinand headbands and activity sheets to give away on the day!
On Monday 11th December The Roadies have the pleasure of delivering the food Hampers, made from the 15 Can Challenge items YOU generously donated, to the new migrant families at Welcome Salisbury!
Thank you Kytons! They are kindly providing a 700g, Christmas Pudding into each hamper for the families at Welcome Salisbury. Kytons – South Australian family owned bakery,“ Make Life Special”.
Kytons Christmas puddings are full of top grade fruit – Australian raisins, currants and sultanas along with dates and apples, all plumped with Australian brandy and mixed with the warm aromatics of festive spices.
Baked to traditional recipes with great care to delight all those around your table.
“Play TAG -with The Roadies” – currently on hold over Christmas
- Our first bundle was posted on May 31st. but the collection shall continue due to overwhelming response and with your help! We are asking that with each bag of bread tags that Gold Coin Donation be included to help with postage so keep collecting!
- We are pleased to announce that a 2nd bag has been posted on 7th September and a 3rd bag on 24th November.
- Don’t throw away your old bread bag tags! Why not recycle them and help others in need!
Bread bag tags are made from high density polystyrene. Industry leaders pay for these bread tags in order to recycle them into seedling trays, cornices, skirtings, outdoor furniture, coat hangers, poles and decking.
- Bring your bread tags along to The Roadies each Monday or drop them off to 1079 Life with a Gold Coin donation to help us with postage –
and we’ll send them to South Africa to a group called “Bread tags for Wheelchairs”, who help disabled adults and children obtain much needed wheelchairs.
Make a difference to the environment and to someone’s life!
Tag- you’re it! 🙂
- And don’t forget, you can enter the monthly competition to go in the draw to win Wallis movie passes, CDs, DVDs and other great prizes! Listen to Kit & Pete in Brekky to find out more.
Drakes Community Dollars
Have you got your Drakes Key Tag? Pick one up from The Roadies or 1079 Life studios and each time you shop at a Drakes Supermarket make sure to show your Drakes Key Tag. For every $2 you spend 1 cent comes back to our station. What an easy way to support the work of 1079 Life!
Heart for Adelaide Award
SACBA Bilby Award Winners for Community Engagement 2014