The Hitching Post
Who is man’s best friend?
According to a 2014 survey, 50% of Australians live in a household with at least one cat or/and dog. Given our lives are so interwoven with our (typically) furry friends, its little wonder that many couples are choosing to include them as part of their nuptials.
If you can’t get married without your pooch, kitty, bunny, alpaca, gecko 🙂 then here’s a few things to think about:
• Is your venue pet-friendly? Make sure you get permission in writing.
• If they are participating in the ceremony make sure that you have someone ready to look after them after they’ve done their part
• Think about how your pet will react around a crowd of strangers – will they turn into an overexcited monster?
• If they need calm, it may be better to have them in a wedding photo shoot, either before or after the ceremony
• Consider a pet assistant or dog-sitter to look after your pet when you want to get on with the celebrations
• Keep a stain-remover pen on hand in case your pet leaves a few discernible paw prints on your dress!
Sonya of Heavenly Weddings is an Adelaide-based wedding and event planner with 8 years’ experience, who was born organised (just ask her friends). She loves to exceed her clients’ expectations, making sure every event is flawless – right down to the last little detail.
06/10/2017 / Kit Densley