The Hitching Post
How to choose your bridal party
For the entire time you are engaged, you will be assisted (or frustrated) by many people – but one group of people you should choose with particular care.
Your bridal party can be an amazing support, help you, push you forwards and keep you sane. Or annoy, frustrate and make you wish you’d just eloped.
It is one of the most important decisions you will make – here are a few things to think about:
• Are they responsible? Reliable? Trustworthy? Good at providing emotional support?
• Will you be just as close to this person in five years as you are now?
• Will they mesh well with the rest of the bridal party?
• Will they be able to commit to the level of involvement that you will expect from them?
• Don’t ask someone just because they asked you
• Avoid those who will bring their own drama
• More isn’t always merrier!
In all the excitement after getting engaged – make sure you take your time with this decision. Give it a full month of thought before you ask. It will likely be impossible to take back, once you’ve asked, without forever damaging that relationship
22/09/2017 / Kit Densley