The Hitching Post
Putting together a wedding day emergency kit
Regardless of how much planning you do, there are likely to be some little hiccups on your wedding day – even if it’s just tears threatening your makeup! If you have a wedding planner involved in your day, they should have a fully stocked emergency kit with them at your disposal, but if you don’t, there are certain wedding day essentials no bride (or bridesmaid) should be without.
- Here’s some important items to think about adding to your kit started:
- Breath mints, chewing gum
- Bobby pins, hair ties, brush/comb and hairspray
- Fragrance and deodorant
- Make-up – include items such as lipstick, lipgloss, lip-liner, powder, eyeshadow, blotting paper (if you get oily), a blending brush, bronzer and tweezers.
- Sanitary napkins/tampons
- Sunblock (if you’ll be outdoors)
- Facial/hand wipes, hand sanitiser
- Clear nail polish – fixing your nails but also for helping any nicks in your pantyhose
- Stain remover pen – great for fixing any sudden spills or stains
- A sewing kit – include needles and threads of different colours, safety pins and mini scissors
- Money – keep some cash or a credit card with you just in case.
- First aid kit – ibuprofen, paracetamol, hayfever tablets, bandaids (especially the special ones for foot blisters)
- Nuts, granola bars or other easy-to-carry snacks
- Krazy Glue – for nail fixes, shoe heels, decorations, even jewels
- Wedding day itinerary and necessary phone numbers (including of all suppliers)
- Dental floss/toothpicks
- Fashion tape – a quick fix for falling hemlines—and plunging necklines
- Face mist – great if it’s a super hot day
- A phone charger
- Earring backs – you just never know!
Sonya of Heavenly Weddings is an Adelaide-based wedding and event planner with 8 years’ experience, who was born organised (just ask her friends). She loves to exceed her client’s expectations, making sure every event is flawless – right down to the last little detail.
30/06/2017 / Kit Densley